Nap Time Webinars – Selecting Inclusive Materials
Join us for the October installment of “Nap Time Webinars”. We’ve created this new series to help dayhome professionals enjoy some free GROUP professional development during quiet time. These sessions are roughly 1 hour long and include an informative webinar provided by Early Childhood Webinars. Join us at 1PM on the last Friday of every month inside our Facebook Group – we’ll use Zoom to watch each webinar as a group.
What You Need to Know to Select Inclusive Materials
Perhaps you already have the desire to include diverse and inclusive books in your learning environment. But how do you select these books? And how can you evaluate their impact on the children in your care?
Join us for a webinar that tackles these questions and provides you with practical tools for fostering children’s positive identity development and understanding of others.
- Understand what research tells us about how and when children develop bias
- Identify the theoretical impact of bias on identity formation
- Recognize gaps in anti-bias education practice within their own child care settings
- Attendees will leave the session with tools for evaluating and selecting books that support high-quality anti-bias education
- Attendees will be equipped with activity ideas, tips for identifying teachable moments, and strategies for facilitating discussions that support positive identity development
YOU CAN REGISTER FOR THIS EVENT HERE: https://fb.me/e/2BMElqDqm
About Early Childhood Webinars:
Early Childhood Investigations is an ongoing series of conference-quality free webinars for early childhood educators. The series is produced by Fran S. Simon, M.Ed., Chief Engagement Officer of Engagement Strategies, LLC. These engaging webinars are presented by many of the thought leaders and experts in early care and education. The webinars explore critical topics that offer new ideas and insights to early childhood professionals, especially administrators.